BBQ Lentil "Meatballs"
Ready in less than 30 minutes, Lentil "Meatballs" are sure to become a meatless Monday, time-starved Tuesday and rest of the week family favorite. Serve with coleslaw, pasta or vegetables roasted on the same baking sheet. Created by Kate from The Nutrient Nut, an aspiring dietitian with a lifelong passion for food, nutrition and well-being.
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, cooked (if using canned lentils, rinse first)
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix together with hands, gently mashing the lentils.
- With your hands, roll mixture into balls, about the size of a golfball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Recipe will yield approximately 12-15 balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm, but not dry. Allow them to cool slightly before removing from baking sheet. Serve warm with remaining BBQ sauce, or store in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat with sauce.