BBQ Pork Cutlets
You can make lots of this excellent barbecue sauce and freeze it in 1-cup portions to use throughout the summer on everything from ribs to chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) no-salt crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup low-sodium chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 8 boneless pork cutlets (4 oz. each)
- In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, chili sauce, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, molasses, cumin, thyme, and cloves. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2 hours. Set aside 1 cup sauce.
- Prepare and preheat grill.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and add pork chops. Grill until the chops can be easily moved, about 4 minutes. Turn and brush with sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer or until chops are just pink, turning again and brushing with more sauce. Move to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.