Bean and Kale Soup with Jumbo Croutons
This hearty vegetarian soup is sure to warm up your family during chilly nights.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 1” pieces
- 32 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Vegetable Broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Diced Tomatoes
- 1 bunch kale, stems trimmed and chopped
- 3 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 Simple Truth™ Country Italian Style Artisan Bread, ripped into 1” pieces
- 1⁄4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large pot over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook onion and garlic until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and celery and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in broth and beans, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, kale, basil and parsley. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and drizzle evenly with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic salt and roast in oven until slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and top with croutons and Parmesan.