Bean-Free Texas Chili
This no-bean chili is similar to dishes entered into firehouse chili cookoffs all over Texas.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless chuck roast, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. chipotle pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Quickly brown the beef in the oil for 7 minutes in a Dutch oven. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the meat and the remaining ingredients to a heavy-bottomed pot. Simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes.