The combination of smooth refried beans along with chunky whole beans is really nice in these nachos. They can be topped with just about anything you like; chopped cooked chicken or turkey works well.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ package (18 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 oz.) refried beans
- 1 cup canned pinto beans
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 small serrano pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside. In medium saucepan, combine refried beans, pinto beans, chili powder, and salsa. Heat over medium heat until mixture just begins to bubble, stirring frequently.
- Pour bean mixture evenly over chips. Sprinkle with tomato and cheeses. Bake at 400°F for 15–20 minutes until cheeses melt and begin to bubble.
- Top with serrano pepper slices and sprinkle with cilantro.