This versatile recipe can be served as an appetizer, or a light lunch with a fruit salad and sweet tea.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) vegetarian refried beans
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 12 flour tortillas (10”)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan, heat beans, chili powder, and Tabasco sauce, stirring frequently, until hot. Place tortillas on work surface and divide refried bean mixture among them. Sprinkle with onion and Cheddar cheese and fold tortillas to cover the filling.
- Heat skillet or griddle and cook quesadillas, turning once, until crisp and golden brown. Cut into quarters and serve.