Bean Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Canned beans make this dish a snap to prepare; substitute 1 1⁄2 cups of each type of cooked bean if you’re making them yourself. Serve over your choice of leafy greens, either cooked or raw. Kidney beans may be substituted for one of the others if desired.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place beans in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery and stir to combine.
- Measure remaining ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.