Bean Sprout and Carrot Salad
For an attractive presentation, trim the ends of the bean sprouts and serve on a plate of romaine lettuce leaves decorated with green onion.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, julienned
- 2 scallions, julienned
- 1 Tbsp. red rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili with garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. sesame oil
- Trim the ends of bean sprouts if desired. Combine with carrot, celery, and scallions in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix red rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, chili with garlic sauce, and sesame oil.
- Drizzle dressing over bean sprouts and carrot. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.