Bean and Vegetable Chili
A steaming hot bowl of this spicy chili will satisfy meat eaters and vegetarians alike.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. small mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chipotles, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt. Stir ingredients together. Add tomatoes and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Add beans and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.