Beef and Barbecue Bean Stew
Save to My Recipes
This is a quick and easy stew to make, and it’s just the thing for fall or winter meals. Serve this easy stew with cornbread or corn muffins and a salad.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 can (28 oz.) barbecue-flavored baked beans
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, brown ground beef. Add onion, green pepper, and celery; continue to sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5–8 minutes.
- Add beans, carrots, tomato sauce, water, garlic powder, and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to each serving.