Beef and Bean Stew
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. round steak
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 red tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 cups canned kidney beans
- ½ cup canned chopped jalapeño peppers
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- Cut the beef into 1" cubes. Peel and chop the onion into ¼" pieces. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Crush the bouillon cube. Drain the kidney beans and jalapeños.
- Mix together the meat, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder, and mustard in a large pot. Cover with the onion, tomatoes, crushed bouillon cube, beans, and jalapeños; mix well.
- Cover the pot, and cook on medium-low temperature for 2 hours. Stir periodically.