Beef and Biscuit Pie with Vegetables
This easy family recipe is a tasty meal in one dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 34 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. sirloin steak, about 3⁄4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef gravy
- 1 small potato, small cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tube (12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim steak of excess fat. Cut into 1⁄2-by-3-inch strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, working in batches, stirring to brown all sides. Remove beef strips from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and broth to the same skillet; cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir gravy into the skillet along with potatoes and peas and carrots. Bring mixture to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in browned beef, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon beef and vegetable mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Separate biscuits; cut in half. Arrange biscuits, cut side down, on top of beef mixture. Bake for 14 minutes or until biscuits are browned.