Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Beef and broccoli is a popular combination. Enjoy it in this simple and delicious stir-fry.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. sirloin beef, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 lb. broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Season beef with salt and pepper and toss with cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok over medium-high heat, and stir-fry beef and ginger for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the hot wok. Add broccoli and garlic and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Pour soy sauce, orange juice, water, and crushed red pepper into the wok with the broccoli and bring to a boil. Return the cooked beef to the wok. Stir until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with rice and cilantro.