Beef Burgundy Stew
If you don’t have leftover beef on hand, brown 1 pound of cubed, stew beef over medium-high heat until nearly cooked through. This will add 5 to 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 baby onions, peeled and cut in half
- 8 oz. small mushrooms, cut in half
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups leftover cooked beef, cubed
- ¼ cup Burgundy wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms. Stir in the dried oregano. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the beef. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through.
- Add the burgundy and beef broth. Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.