Beef and Chicken Fajitas
Even though you’re using the same marinade for the chicken and the beef, you can’t marinate them together. Chicken has to cook at a higher temperature than beef to kill any potential salmonella.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 3 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. beer
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Combine the beer, 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper, and cumin and divide into 2 large sealable bowls.
- Trim any excess fat off the steak and chicken. Use a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken to 3⁄8 inch thick. Sprinkle the meat lightly with salt and place the beef in one container and the chicken in the other. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush the ridges with oil. Place the onions on the pan and cook until translucent. Move to a bowl and keep warm. Scatter the peppers across the grill pan and cook until soft. Place them in the bowl with the onions.
- Apply another coating of oil on the grill pan ridges. Cook the flank steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Let it rest on a plate. Slice the steak into strips.
- Apply another coating of oil on the grill pan ridges. Cook the chicken breasts for 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Let them rest on a plate. Slice the chicken into strips. Serve meat and vegetables with warm tortillas.