These fajitas would pair well with black beans, shredded cheese, guacamole, and salsa.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8"), warmed
- 8 lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, zest, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, and garlic salt. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Cut the steak in half, and then cut crosswise into thin strips. Combine the beef in a bowl with the marinade. Marinate the beef in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, onions, and bell peppers and cook until lightly browned, approximately 3–4 minutes.
- Push the items to the side of your wok and add the beef. Quickly stir-fry the beef for 3–4 minutes or until brown.
- Transfer the beef and vegetables to a platter and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with tortillas and lime wedges.