Beef Filet Crostini
Beef tenderloin is the star of this elegant appetizer. Zesty horseradish sauce and nutty slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese help create a superstar nibble.
Serves: 32Prep: 25 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 32 slices French baguette (about ⅔ of a 12 oz. baguette)
- 3 tablespoons Kroger® Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place bread slices on large cookie sheet. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic powder; brush over bread slices.
- Bake 8-11 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack. Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Rub surface of tenderloin with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; place on baking sheet. Roast 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 135°F for medium rare or 145°F for medium (temperatures rise 10 degrees while resting); cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard. Cover and refrigerate. With vegetable peeler, shave large curls of cheese from narrow edge of cheese.
- When ready to serve, very thinly slice the tenderloin across the grain into at least 32 slices. Spread each crostini with mayonnaise mixture. Top with a few leaves of arugula, a slice of beef and a few shavings of cheese.