Taquitos can be made with any spicy meat or cheese filling.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 cups shredded cooked beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface; lay out another tortilla so that it overlaps the first tortilla about halfway. Spoon about 1⁄3 cup of the shredded beef down the center length, where the tortillas overlap. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the meat. Roll up, starting with 1 long side and rolling toward the other. Pin closed with wooden picks or small skewers. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, beef, and cheese to make 8 flautas.
- Heat the oil to medium-high in a large frying plan. Fry each flauta until golden brown on both sides.