This is a simple brown gravy to serve with mashed potatoes for a classic side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until mixture forms a lightly browned paste.
- Whisk in beef broth and simmer, whisking until it becomes smooth and thickened.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.