Beef and Mushroom Fettuccini
Use unsweetened soy milk for this dairy-free recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 lb. boneless tender beef steak
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups fettuccini, cooked
- In a small bowl, combine soy milk and vinegar. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut beef across grain into thin slices. In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over high heat. Add beef. Stir-fry for one minute. Remove beef from skillet.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Stir-fry 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, blend flour, soy sauce, garlic, and ¼ cup water. Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. Stir constantly and cook for one minute.
- Gradually add soy milk mixture. Add beef and parsley, continuing to stir constantly. Cook until just heated through. Serve over cooked noodles.