Beef and Noodles in Mushroom Sauce
This hearty dish is perfect for fall entertaining. Serve it with a spinach salad, some dinner rolls warm from the oven, and an apple pie.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless round steak
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- Trim excess fat from the steak and slice against the grain into 1⁄4-inch strips.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 4 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine tomato paste, water, basil, arrowroot, yogurt, and stock and mix with wire whisk until blended. Add to skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles.