Beef and Paprika Goulash
You can substitute canned tomatoes for fresh ones. It can save you time, and won’t affect the taste.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ lb. sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 cups minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups minced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- Trim the meat to cut off excess fat, then cube it into ½ " pieces.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil. Add the beef, stirring often over medium heat, until it just begins to brown. Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the paprika and caraway seeds. Add the tomatoes, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with dollops of sour cream.