Beef and Radish Soup
This soup is savory and light. It’s perfect for a chilly evening along with a bowl of rice.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ lb. beef brisket, thinly sliced into 1" pieces
- 6 cups water
- ½ medium daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, radish, garlic, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Skim off any foam that may have accumulated, and garnish with scallions. Serve piping hot.