Beef Salad (Yum Nuer)
This is a classic street food usually served with sticky rice. This dressing recipe is great for any type of grilled meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lbs. rump roast
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups mixed green salad or romaine lettuce
- ½ cup sliced pickling cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 fresh red or green Thai chilies, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Marinate beef with soy sauce and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Grill to desired doneness. Slice beef and put in a salad bowl. Throw in the rest of the salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, crush the chilies and garlic with a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste. Add fish sauce, lime juice, honey, and sugar to the chili and garlic paste. Alternatively, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until chilies and garlic are chopped into small pieces, about 10 seconds.
- Add the salad dressing and toss well.