Beef Shish Kebabs
Serve these beef kebabs straight on the skewer or slide them off and serve alongside rice. If you don’t have access to a grill, cook them under the broiler.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. hot paprika
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1" squares
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1" squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into 1" squares
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 firm tomatoes, seeded and cut into eighths
- In large bowl, combine the olive oil, spices, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the meat and combine. Make sure all the pieces are coated with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap, put in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours, overnight if possible.
- Thread the meat, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions on skewers.
- Cook the kebabs on a grill or in the oven under a low broiler. Cook for about 7 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.