Beef and Snow Peas
Ginger root is a great ingredient to add flavor with absolutely no fat. You can substitute
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup fat-free beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
- ¾ lb. lean beef steak, cut into ¼“ strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, and hoisin sauce; mix well and set aside.
- In wok or skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger root; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add beef; stir-fry until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Add snow peas; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir beef broth mixture; add to skillet along with beef. Stir-fry until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.