Hearty beef stew with chunky potatoes, carrots, and peas is satisfying comfort food that is simple to prepare and contains no “exotic” ingredients to keep you from making it, no matter what your budget.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. stewing beef cubes
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté the beef cubes and onion 10 minutes, Dust meat and onions with flour and stir to coat. Add broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours until beef is tender. Add peas and season with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes longer.