Beef Stew with Root Vegetables and Peas
Start this stew early in the day, and by evening, you’ll have a satisfying family meal ready with almost no work on your part!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 6 small carrots, peeled and quartered
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Place meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, thyme, and pepper in a 4-6-quart slow cooker. Stir in broth and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Thirty minutes before serving, add peas to the slow cooker. Remove ½ cup liquid from slow cooker and mix with cornstarch until smooth; return to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.