Beef Stroganoff with Mashed Cauliflower
If you have leftover steak, you can use that and skip the searing step to make this easy recipe even easier.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine cauliflower and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook 15 minutes until cauliflower is extremely tender. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and steak. Sauté 5 to 8 minutes until slightly browned. Toss in mushrooms and sauté 5 more minutes.
- Add milk, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve beef and mushroom mixture over mashed cauliflower. Garnish with parsley.