Beef Tips with Peppers
This is a variation of a recipe that my mom cooked when I was young. Using tri tip makes it tender and quick to prepare!
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-tip steaks, cut into strips
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In large skillet add olive oil, garlic and meat. Sauté until meat is thoroughly cooked. Add peppers, onions, vinegar and thyme. Cook until vegetables are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.