This recipe makes good use out of leftover beef. If you canʼt find tostada shells, you can make them by deep-frying whole tortillas until crispy. Serve tostadas with hot sauce or your favorite salsa.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. cooked shredded beef
- 8 tostada shells, toasted
- 16 oz. refried beans, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, onions, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onions are softened.
- Add the beef. Cook, stirring and tossing for 2 minutes in the wok until the beef is heated through. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef mixture to a large plate.
- One at a time, spread 2 ounces of refried beans in an even layer on top of a tostada shell. Place several spoonfuls of the beef mixture over the beans and top with the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Repeat with the remaining shells. Serve warm.