Beef with Bok Choy
Bok choy is a small, crunchy Chinese cabbage, with green leaves and squat, white celery-like stalks. This recipe combines stir-fried bok choy with leftover grilled steak for a quick and scrumptious meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 lbs. baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 tsp. sodium-free beef bouillon granules
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb. grilled steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the bouillon, pepper, and water, raise the heat to high, and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes.
- Add the steak and heat through. Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice.