Beef with Cauliflower Soup
This comforting soup takes a little less than an hour to whip up and is very easy to make. The cooking times help to preserve the nutrients of the vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lbs. stew beef
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- ¾ tsp. paprika
- ¾ tsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large yellow potatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ medium stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- Place meat in a large pot with chicken stock. Add paprika, Worcestershire, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium and cook 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes; cook 15 minutes.
- Sauté carrots and celery in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until carrots are softened, about 6–8 minutes. Add to soup. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve.