Beef with Pea Pods
This is a beautifully delicious and low-salt take on a Chinese classic, with toothsome beef and crunchy vegetables. Serve with cooked brown rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ lb. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups fresh pea pods, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Slice the steak into thin ½" × 3" strips and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir-fry bell pepper and mushrooms 3 minutes. Add the scallions, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the sliced steak and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until beef has browned.
- Add the pea pods and soy sauce and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Spoon over cooked rice and serve immediately.