Beefy Bean Burritos
These easy and delicious burritos can be made hot or mild, depending on the salsa and peppers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 jar (14 oz.) chunky salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onions and garlic until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain well. Add beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, and jalapeño and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven for 10 minutes. Place warmed tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle 1 1⁄2 cups cheese evenly over the center of each. Top with beef mixture and roll up. Place each burrito in the baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes until cheese melts. Serve immediately.