Beefy Macaroni Casserole
This is an easy and flavorful everyday family casserole. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 18 minutesTotal: 53 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup ziti pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic. When onion is tender and ground beef is no longer pink, about 8 minutes, drain off excess fat and transfer meat mixture to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water just until tender; drain and set aside.
- Add tomatoes to meat mixture, along with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir in cooked pasta and 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Top with remaining cheese and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.