Despite the speed with which it is made, this easy bread is quite delicious, and is the perfect accompaniment to soups, stews, and meatloaf.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz.) beer
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" × 5" loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and beer until just blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth the top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until risen. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 15 minutes longer. Tent with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue cooling on a rack.