Beer Steamed Shrimp
These steamed shrimp are a snap to make, and are delicious both hot and cold. If you prefer not to use beer you can substitute white wine or water.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup pilsner beer
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lb. easy-peel shrimp (26/30 size), unshelled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In the pot of a large steamer add the lemon juice, beer, water, and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl combine the Old Bay, shrimp, and oil. Toss to coat. Place the shrimp in the basket of the steamer and cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and are curled into a ‘C’ shape. Remove from the steamer and serve hot or chilled.