Beet and Ginger Soup
Beets contain betanin and vulgaxanthin, which have been shown to provide anti-inflammatory and detoxification support. Replace the red beets with yellow beets to make this soup into a fun yellow treat!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 small white onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 48 oz. gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 6 large beets, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- In a large pot (6-quart or bigger), heat the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, ginger, and beets. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the beets are tender and fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a blender.
- Blend in batches, then transfer the puréed soup back to the pot and add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in dill.