Beet Green Pesto with Goat Cheese Appetizer
Turn oft-forgot beet greens into an earthy and inviting appetizer, featuring the irresistible combination of homemade pesto and goat cheese.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup beet greens, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 packages (4 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Crackers, to serve
- Bring large pot filled with water to boil. Blanch beet greens and spinach about 2 minutes, then drain and place in ice bath. Pat dry.
- In food processor, pulse together greens, pine nuts, garlic and salt. While processing, slowly incorporate olive oil. Pulse until combined.
- Form goat cheese into one large log. Spread pesto over log. Top with tomatoes.
- Serve with crackers.