Beet Red Burger
Cook the beets for these meatless burgers in a pressure cooker. You’ll want to wear gloves when handling the beets as they may stain your hands.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 beets, ends trimmed, peeled, and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 oz. lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Add the beets and the water to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and quick-release the pressure.
- Drain the beets and add to a mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Add onion, walnuts, eggs, soy sauce, flour, olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well with your hands. Form the beet mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the patties on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Load each burger onto a bun with guacamole, onion, and lettuce.