Beets with Yogurt
This recipe does not require the yogurt, as the beets can be eaten on their own.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 2 lbs. fresh red beets
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Remove leaves from beets, leaving approximately 1" of stem along with lower root, if still attached. Wash beets gently in cold water, making sure not to break skin.
- Place beets in pot of cold water; cover and bring to boil. Cook over medium heat until beets are cooked yet still firm, about 45 minutes.
- Drain beets and run under cold water to cool for handling. Peel skin away, cut beets in half, and slice into half-moons.
- Combine beets, garlic, oil, vinegar, and dill in mixing bowl; toss thoroughly. Add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Serve with yogurt on the side.