Belgian waffles are thick, square waffles with deep, large indentations where syrup and melted butter pool together for a luscious flavor. Belgian waffles are great for topping with ice cream to make dessert waffles, but this recipe can be used for any shape of waffle.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Whisk eggs, melted butter, and milk in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Pour or ladle about ½ cup waffle batter onto waffle iron; cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.