Bell Peppers Stuffed with Couscous
Baked stuffed peppers are always a hit with those who appreciate presentation, and this recipe takes very little effort.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups couscous
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup canned small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring vegetable broth to a boil and add couscous. Cover, turn off heat, and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes until couscous is cooked. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine couscous with olive oil, lemon juice, peas or corn, green onions, cumin, and chili powder.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds. Stuff pepper halves with couscous mixture.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Serve, garnishing with chopped parsley.