Berry Banana Baked Oatmeal
As this dish bakes in the oven, the smell fills the house with the amazing smell of fruit and sugar, and the warmth of the oatmeal fills your belly!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ packed cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup crushed almonds, pecans, and walnuts
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups mixed berries, frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9" × 11" baking pan. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and nuts. In a smaller bowl, combine the vanilla, egg, and milk.
- Slice the bananas and place them on the bottom of the prepared pan. Add half the berries and pour the oat mixture on top. Add the milk-egg mixture on top of the oats. Add the remaining berries and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30–40 minutes.