Any combination of fresh fruit will work well with this recipe. Try blueberries, blackberries, peaches, mangoes, or plums for a total of 4 cups of fruit.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ cups raspberries
- 1½ cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2½ Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9" × 9" casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Mix together ¼ cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the flour, and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Place the fruit in the prepared casserole dish, then sprinkle evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Sift together the remaining ¾ cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the oil, milk, and egg whites; stir together until just mixed.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls over the fruit. Bake the cobbler on the middle oven rack until the fruit is tender and the dough is golden brown, 25–30 minutes.