Any combination of fresh fruit will work well with this recipe. Try blueberries, blackberries, peaches, mangoes, or plums for a total of 4 cups of fruit.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-9-inch casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Mix together 1⁄4 cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the flour, and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Place the fruit in the prepared casserole dish, then sprinkle evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Sift together the remaining 3⁄4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the oil, milk, and egg whites; stir together until just mixed.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls over the fruit. Bake the cobbler on the middle oven rack until the fruit is tender and the dough is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.