Berry Pear Clafouti
Clafouti is a classic French dessert, similar to a baked pancake with fruit. Clafouti is traditionally made with cherries (and their pits), but it is also delicious with other fruits. It is easy to make and can be served hot or at room temperature.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. plus ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ripe but firm pears
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9½" round deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar across bottom of pan. Tilt pan to coat as evenly as possible. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar, flour, eggs, milk, margarine, lemon zest, and vanilla. Peel, core, and thinly slice the pears.
- Arrange the pear slices in prepared pan. Scatter raspberries on top of pears. Pour batter over fruit.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over batter. Bake until clafouti is puffy and firm to touch, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.