This dessert is so easy to make that you may use it often, especially when last-minute friends drop by and want something sweet at the end of the meal. The crust and streusel are based on prepackaged sugar cookie dough, which adds to its speedy preparation. You can serve this hot or cold and add ice cream or a whipped topping, as you wish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 1⁄2 oz.) sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Slice the cookie dough into two portions, using 3⁄4 of the dough for the crust. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Combine the flour and the remaining cookie dough, crumbling the mixture with your fingertips; set aside. In a separate bowl, toss the berries with the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract and spoon the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top has turned brown and the center feels firm. Remove from the oven and eat hot or cold.