Best Banana Bread
This banana bread is great for using up overripe bananas, plus it’s super soft and tasty with each bite. Eat it for breakfast, snack or dessert!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two loaf pans and flour the bottom of the pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs, mixing well after each. Add the mashed banana. Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternately with the sour cream, ending with flour. Blend quickly but thoroughly.
- Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pans and bake 45 minutes, or until the center tests done.