Best Beer Cheese Soup
This soup was made for game day! The taste of the beer comes through in this creamy, cheesy soup, so choose a favorite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. beer
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup popped popcorn, salted
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, cream, and cornstarch.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in beer and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Whisk mustard mixture into soup. Gradually add the two cheeses, stirring until they melt completely and cook for 5 more minutes. Garnish with popcorn.